Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Adoption writing every day: NaBloPoMo and NAAM


What do you know about  NaBloPoMo? 

What about NAAM? 

What happens when you smoosh them together? NaamNaBloPoMo? No! 

A month of blogging about adoption. 


NaBloPoMo was inspired by NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - where writers everywhere tip-type away to write 50,000 words during the month of November and, voila!, at month's end, the've written a novel (though usually a not very good one - but that's okay, they can still say, "why, yes, I've written a novel"). 

Well, out in the blogosphere, they thought there should be a blogging counterpart, so NaBloPoMo was born. A blog a day, every day, for the month of November. Cool, right? 

But, wait, there's more! The Lost Daughters (a collaborative blogging group authored by adult women adoptees that covers the wide expanse of the experience of being adopted) realized it was also National Adoption Awareness Month (NAAM) so they put together writing prompts to inspire writers who focus on adoption-related issues to post blogs on shared topics. Yes, not unlike what Kate and I do with Mothertone and ReunionEyes for Kathleen~Cathleen.


I will continue my Wednesday posts with Kate where we cover the same topic from the birthmother and adoptee perspective. In addition, I'm going to do The Lost Daughters challenge and write every day on the prompts from the list.  They'll be a bunch of us doing it, so it should be pretty interesting to see all the perspectives on the same topics. And, it'll just be a great experience to be compelled to write every day - maybe it will help me make it a habit!


1 comment:

  1. Hi I just came across this wonderful blog; as an adoptee and adoptive parent I too have a blog adoptiondownunder.blogspot. please visit sometime. I love your idea of blogging for the month just like NaNoWritMo - which just quietly I am participating in; but now will also blog once a day on my adoption blog for National Adoption Awareness Week which is currently underway. thanks for such a great blog network

    ReplyDelete